Teacher Training Workshops
Warmers and icebreakers
Outline of the workshop
This 6 hr (8*45mim) seminar will focus on a series of introductory five-minute warm-ups. The seminar offers an overview of motivational activities that can be included in language teaching and thus better achieve the set learning objectives – the application of acquired vocabulary and properly acquired grammatical knowledge. Presented activities include simple games designed to practice vocabulary. They should motivate children and serve to repeat both new and older vocabulary. Their task is, as the name suggests, to attract children, arouse their interest and involve them in teaching. The practical application will enable the participants to experience the presented activities.
Overview of the workshop
- About the trainer
- About the workshop
- Experience and expectation reflection
- Why use warmers and icebreakers?
- What to think about before selecting activities?
- What to watch out for?
- An overview of different icebreakers
- Participate in different icebreakers
- give feedback
- An overview of different warmers
- Participate in warmers
- give feedback
- Teachers’ share resources
- Additional resources
- Final reflection and feedback
- This seminar is mainly for Primary and Secondary English teacher. Still, all of the activities are suitable for any language class. Additionally, some of these activities are also suitable for adult learners of English.
- The seminar is done in a face to face setting.
- The whole seminar takes place in English and good level of English is desired.
- The seminar is accredited by the Czech Ministry of Education.
- The seminar can be adapted and changed as well as delivered online where needed, but then will no longer be accredited by the Czech Ministry.
- A booklet is provided to all participants giving a detailed overview of the whole seminar as well as all the various activities.