Teacher Trainer Workshops
Language activities for teenagers
Outline of the workshop
This 6 hr (8*45mim) seminar willfocus on practical activities developing the language skills of pupils in the 2nd grade of primary and secondary schools. Participants will have the opportunity to get acquainted with and try out in practice activities focused on speaking, listening, reading and writing, the aim of which is, in addition to language development, also to overcome specific problems and motivational barriers of this age group.
Overview of the workshop
- About the trainer
- About the workshop
- Experience and expectation reflection
- Not all teens are the same: different stages of teen development
- Early adolescence (ages 10-13/14)
- Middle adolescence (ages 14/15-17)
- Teenage language development
- By the age of 13 years
- Between 14 and 18 years
- Possible problems with teenagers
- What’s important when teaching teens?
- Final tips on teaching teens
- Language activities for teenagers
- Role plays
- Board games
- Crossword puzzles
- Word search
- Graded readers
- Different activities
- Give feedback
- Teachers’ share resources
- Additional resources
- Final reflection and feedback
- This seminar is mainly for Primary and Secondary English teacher. Still, all of the activities are suitable for any language class. Additionally, some of these activities are also suitable for adult learners of English.
- The seminar is done in a face to face setting.
- The whole seminar takes place in English and good level of English is desired.
- The seminar is accredited by the Czech Ministry of Education.
- The seminar can be adapted and changed as well as delivered online where needed, but then will no longer be accredited by the Czech Ministry.
- A booklet is provided to all participants giving a detailed overview of the whole seminar as well as all the various activities.