Teacher Training Workshops
Ready Steady Speak
Outline of the workshop
This 4 hrs (6*45mim) seminar will focus on different speaking activities to get the students speaking. First of all we’ll talk about speaking in general. Next, we will have a look at various warmers and icebreakers that encourage speaking. After this we will be looking at a variety of speaking activities for pairs, small groups, and the whole class. Additionally, we will have a look at different resources available to help with speaking activities. Finally we’ll reflect on the seminar and give some feedback.
Overview of the workshop
- About the trainer
- About the workshop
- Experience and Expectation Reflection
- Speaking activities
- Pair work
- Using pictures
- Role plays
- Board games
- Crossword puzzles
- Graded readers
- All activities include
- Giving feedback
- Teachers’ share resources
- Additional resources
- Final reflection and feedback
- This seminar is mainly for Primary and Secondary English teacher. Still, all of the activities are suitable for any language class. Additionally, some of these activities are also suitable for adult learners of English.
- The seminar is done in a face to face setting.
- The whole seminar takes place in English and good level of English is desired.
- The seminar is accredited by the Czech Ministry of Education.
- The seminar can be adapted and changed as well as delivered online where needed, but then will no longer be accredited by the Czech Ministry.
- A booklet is provided to all participants giving a detailed overview of the whole seminar as well as all the various activities.
Spread the word
Teacher, Trainer, Course Designer
Teaching in English on 4 different continents since 2006.